Can I declare Special Concentrations as my concentration before I apply?

No.  You must have an approved petition on file before you can declare Special Concentrations.  There are three deadlines each year; two in the fall and one in the spring.  Although there are exceptions, most successful Special Concentration applications have been submitted by upperclassmen who have spent one or two terms studying in one of the College’s established concentrations.